Topics on building dioramas are grouped here
Shadow box diorama the easy way
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 - 08:47 AM UTC
Hello there, in the next few days I am building one of those shadow box dioramas, its not anything special, it will be a quick build, and basically this is the plan, I would like when this is finished, for as many people as possible to write a ''caption'' that can be anything that will briefly explain the diorama, at the moment, there's not a great deal to see, but in the next few days, this should begin to take shape, I began this somewhat strange idea yesterday.
build 001
build 003
This is what I call a split level diorama, the base is made from anything I can use to keep the weight down, tissue paper, plastic card and so on, over this I have used scatter (railroad) cork and even very fine stone, finishing off with filler, I then give everything a spray of paint, sticking with a WW1 subject, I quickly made up the road block, this will become a major part of the diorama.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 - 08:50 PM UTC
Today can see the row boats going in among the rocks made from cork.
build 005
And while the other troops recieve their coat of paint, these few only just dry have found their way onto the rough landscape.
box 007
The WW1 figures from Airfix and lady which along with the road block will add to a little fun.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 03:17 AM UTC
So far so good and making a speedy progress, the first few figures are in, some washes and touching up of paint here and there, even a bush or two.
box 001
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 07:31 PM UTC
Day 4 and up all night painting these solidiers.
box 005
box 014
Fingers crossed I'll have this finished by the weekend, please remember this is more a bit of fun then a serious build, and while the construction of this diorama can be adopted into any situation, I've decided to make this a little bit on the fun side, and I hope to be calling for captions.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 01:19 AM UTC
box 3 010
box 3 013
The backdrop has now gone in, the last figure (still wet paint) and masking off the print which will show as the fixed backdrop.
shadow box 002
 _GOTOTOP