_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
Revel Gato Sub
MikeM670
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 278 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 10:45 AM UTC
I just picked up the 1/72 Scale Revel Gato Submarine from Hobby Lobby as it was on clearence. I've been eyeing it for some time. I'm really looking to going all out on this and was wondering if there were aftermarket parts for it? I have found a set of brass propellers on the Sprue Brother Website.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Mike
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 11:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just picked up the 1/72 Scale Revel Gato Submarine from Hobby Lobby as it was on clearence. I've been eyeing it for some time. I'm really looking to going all out on this and was wondering if there were aftermarket parts for it? I have found a set of brass propellers on the Sprue Brother Website.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Mike

Ahoy, Mike,
Welcome to Model Shipwrights!

Since the introduction of this big, beautiful subject in 1/72, there is an equally dazzling amount of aftermarket upgrades available...just type in "Gato, 1/72" in our search bar at the top of this page, and you will see a bevy of on-site links to many upgrades and fiddly bits available (the Eduards series is absolutely killer)....take a look around our features and reviews areas as well, for much more that will be of help to you...when you do decide to give it a go, feel free to start your own "BLOG" (Build Log) here at MSW and share your complete build with us in text and images as you go!

Cheers,
~Gunny
 _GOTOTOP