_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
Construction Advice IJN LC ISUZU
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
Model Shipwrights: 95 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 05:51 AM UTC
Group;

The modeling hobby is going well and have found a love for IJN ships of all types. To date I have completed 2 for my collection in 1/700. The Mogami and the Sendai. On the work bench right now I have the 1/700 I-16 sub and also for the first time I made a water base for it ,using tin foil. I must say it is coming out pretty good.
I'm still having a hard time posting photos, but should have that worked out soon.

I'm a bargin shopper when it comes to my hobby and have a goal of building every IJN ship I could get my hands on in 1/700 scale. I'm having a large display case built so I can house all ot them. I just picked up from my local hobby guy a Fujimi 1/700 LC Isuzu. The kit seems very basic. I could not turn it town for $10. It was in the bargin area so I snactched it up. The kit is the old version without the PE set.

I do have plenty of 1/700 IJN PE railings from Lion Roar that I keep in stock. That alone with my other ships really bring them to life. I noticed on the kit that the bridge as no detail what so ever.

What can I do to improve this area and other areas of this kit? I'm looking at other photos of this model from other builders. I would just like to know how I could get the most out of a bargain kit.

Thanks to all of you, I have been told by others that see my kits, how much I have improved in the way my models are looking. I have learned so much from all of you .

Any help with this project would be great.

Sam
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
Model Shipwrights: 95 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 10:24 AM UTC
Sorry group for the mis-spelling of the ship. It should be Isuzu.
 _GOTOTOP