_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
New decals for 1:700 Colombo Express
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, April 30, 2010 - 04:44 PM UTC
Greetings, I'm making the rounds to the ship model community.

Greetings,

I have some very good news. I have been working with Will Jayne who owns Gwylan Models in the UK. While he works primarily in 1:1250 he agreed to do some art work and decals for the Revell 1:700 Colombo Express. Here's his web site. Note that you wont find the decals listed yet but he's planning on printing them in a week or so.

http://www.gwylanmodels.co.uk/index.html

So here's the scoop. Hapag Lloyd these days is sharing space on their container ships with other steamship companies. Their particular group is called the Grand Alliance. This group is comprised of The Hapag Lloyd family of companies such as P&O, Nedlloyd, Nedlloyd P&O plus OOCL, and NYK Logistics. You will see other containers on these ships but in terms of distinguishable logos these are the primary boxes you will notice.

Will has organized a decal sheet consisting of 30 each of these logos. No individual Nedlloyd containers but you could easily remove the P&O marking to create that. So that's a total of 120 logos for these containers and that's certainly enough to do one ship. These are in high resolution and printed on quality decal material with blue paper backing which is key with all these little white labels. Will says he's going to sell them for UKL 8.00 each which I think is a very reasonable price. If you are interested I would ask you to reach out to Will and let him know how many you would like. Nothing in it for me except to help out somebody who was willing to help us out when nobody else would.

Will gave me permission to post his artwork. The larger image shows the quality of his artwork and the smaller shows the actual size. Tiny, eh? As you can see he's done a wonderful job.

Thanks everyone!

Dave

_GOTOTOP