_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
New Vendor- JPS Modell
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 01:35 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates

Here is the details on our latest Vendor - JPS Modell.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Sean
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Model Shipwrights: 7 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 04:05 PM UTC
Not for nothing, Sean, but, one will have better luck finding a virgin in a brothel than locating a retailer who stocks JPS Colors. The dealers listed at the JPS Modell site either carry a pitifully (maybe in the neighborhood of 25-30 colors, as in the case with 48 Special models) small stock; or, nothing at all. I can't see the purpose of acknowledging a new vendor whose products are unobtainable by means other than what would be considered customer-friendly.

Do you have access to Mr. Popp? If so, would it be possible for you to ask him why his products are so difficult to find? It's all fine and good that he has such an impressive line of paints. It isn't worth the time of day to list them on his site if they aren't available for sale anywhere.
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 06:37 PM UTC
Hi Joseph

At the time of my news story way back in June of this year I was certainly unaware of any dealer/supply issue with this Vendor.

My primary goal with this story like all news stories I post is to bring a Vendor and their product lines to the attention of all forum members.

I am sorry you have experienced this issue.

I am also sorry I do not have direct contact with Mr. Popp.

Cheers

Sean
Headhunter506
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,575 posts
Model Shipwrights: 7 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:40 AM UTC
Thanks for the quick reply, Sean.

It's a shame that JPS (Mr. Popp) hasn't done a better job in finding a distributor for his line. He seems to have a comprehensive line that covers the requirements of whatever niche a modeler prefers to build. I emailed him earlier in the year; but, he doesn't seem to reply to inquiries.
 _GOTOTOP