_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
New PBR build
DogEgg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 341 posts
Model Shipwrights: 10 posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 04:40 AM UTC
I've decided to revisit and revamp my 3 year old diorama plan that started life as a Vietnam brown water scene, and at approx. 110 x 95cm, was a monster! It was to include a 50/50 jungle water mix, huts, dozens of figures, 2 PBRs, 2 M113s, a mule, a warehouse.... need I go on? To say the least, it was a crowded and distracting scene with too much going on...
As well as reducing it to 99 x 75cm, I also want to focus more on the riverine aspect of the scene, and using three of Tamiya's PBRs, paint a picture of life on these boats. Two exist already,

but a third is being built as we speak. I am aiming to have this one opened up with both engines on view (from Academy's M113 - Thanks to Gino for that idea) and also the radio room opened up. Those familiar with the model will know that there is a zippered canvas door which needs to be removed, then some modifications to the front internal superstructure to portray this part of the craft. Does anybody have any decent pictures looking through the door? I have brownwater enterprises CD on the PBR plans but the line drawings don't really give much away about what is visible.
Any help gratefully received, and pictures to follow...
jccraemer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 462 posts
Model Shipwrights: 29 posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 12:40 PM UTC
nice work so far
 _GOTOTOP