_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
Gator Glue
SteelEagle
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 38 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:10 PM UTC
Hi All,
Just wanted to say how GREAT I think Kenny's Gator Glue is for working with PE.
I'm working on an armor kit right now, 1/48th Tamiya M26 Pershing. I bought the Hauler PE set for it and have just about finished with the PE. Today I had to add 14 lever handles and the piece that they attached to was about the size of the head of a straight pin that still had to be folded in half. (Even with magnifiers I think I'm going blind! (hahahaha)
Just have to say that I could never have done this with CA glue. But got all 14 done in 2 hours using Kenny's Gator Glue!
GREAT STUFF!!!!!!!
If you haven't tried it by now...YOU SHOULD!
Now that this is finished I've got to work on a small 1/160 Lindberg tugboat that I'm detailing with variety of scrap PE.
Best to All,
Gary
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 452 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 06:58 PM UTC
I'll second what Gary said. I've had a bottle of Gator Glue on my workbench for a while, but haven't really used it until the kit I'm working on now - a DML 1/72 M2 with Wading Trunks. Gator Glue really does work well with PE and worked like a charm on those wading trunks!
SteelEagle
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 38 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 03:49 AM UTC
I won't go so far as to say that it saved my marriage but wifey came down to ask me how it was going as I worked on those levers and I didn't even loose my cool with her for interrupting my concentration or swear at the little pieces as they went "ping" and disappeared into the "nothingness".
 _GOTOTOP