_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Different PE makers
Specter1075
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 55 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 10:41 AM UTC
Hi everyone.

Ive decided to build some ships from the Russian Northern Fleet, among them the Peter the Great, Admiral Chabanenko, the Bestrashny and the Kuznetsov. I want to try to do them right, so Im going to buy some PE sets for them. What Im a bit confused about is the relationship, if any, between WEM and GMM PE sets. I havnt been able to figure out if these sets compliment each other or if they cover the same aspects. Given the cost, I obviously dont want to needlessly buy sets from both companies if its not needed.

Also, I notice that the sets for the Udaloy class state that they work for all ships of the class, but what I cant figure out is if this applies to the Udaloy II.

I hope someone can clear this up for me. I'd really appreciate it!
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 10:28 PM UTC
Hi Chris

With the WEM & GMM sets, they are completely seperate entities, it is either one or the other, whilst both provide pretty much the same basics and important stuff, they vary a bit in the fine detail and they way they break stuff down. I have used products from both companies, and they are bot very good.

I belive the WEM Udaloy set covers I's and II's (I/350th)

I will check as I am using it on the Admiral Panteleyev, which is currently on the back burner

Sounds a great project, have fun with it

Si
Specter1075
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 55 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 - 08:34 AM UTC
Fantastic! Thank you for answering!
 _GOTOTOP