_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
New Book from Still Motions
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 02:03 AM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates!!!

Ray Bean from Still Motions Photographics brings us news of his first ever printed book. USS Enterprise CVAN 65 Part I: the early years 1961-1979.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bravozulu
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 124 posts
Model Shipwrights: 123 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 05:31 AM UTC

First run is already sold out.....sending out to the photo lab...yes, a quality photo lab that makes these books and not a big time publishing company that wants a run of 1000 copies and paid up front....cant do that. So each batch is hand made and then sold off....

No review copies yet, sorry, want to get the batches in and sold to the waiting list, and then I will send out spares for review.
There is no dedicated CVAN 65 book out anywhere to my knowledge, just the old old Profile publication from years ago and OOP.
No ships histories on this. Its crammed with quality photos printed on good harder stock paper, and each has an informative caption....perfect for the ship modeler. Pics of the E in that era are hard to scrape up and find, and some notable authors provided good material.

Not available through dealers, its direct sales only. International Money Orders, not domestic, accepted, or checks is you are known to me. I truly am sorry about the higher price ticket, its not greed. These cost me each $26.00 plus taxes, so at $50 its a fair markup for a limited edition book. Each one is signed and numbered.....who knows could be valuable on ebay someday.

This post was removed.
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
 _GOTOTOP