_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Telford - a great weekend
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC
Telford 2010 239
First of all, my computer is playing up, so bare with me, and I'll try and post a few pix of the Telford model show U.K
Telford 2010 041
With good intentions I was only going to buy a couple of items, well as many people kmow when you attend these shows, there is so much there, and more then tempting comes to mind, so blowing a mere £120.00 I feel I got away lightly, There were some incredible dioramas, gobsmakingly good armour and aircraft, dreadnought and missle launchers, even a saturn 5, this year although the same space, seemed bigger, more people, and a lot more models.
Strongly would say, have a visit to the Ironbridge, a beauty and several places to have something to eat.
Telford 2010 191
If you click onto a photo it should open the flickr system, I've downloaded quite a few pix from my weekend at Telford, while more armour, aircraft, the ships and submarines are making themselves known, more this year that I am very pleased to say then the last. Please feel free to leave any comment you may have, I can't answer any questions about new and what coming out in the future, only the photo's/
Telford 2010 016
KAYELL
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 107 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 08:09 PM UTC
Hi folks,

I also had a good visit to show.

Got in to the hall at 10am, first purchase made at about 10.01.
Got away lightly only spending £50.

Some incredible models on display, the 1/1 spitfire in hall 1 must have come in a huge box!

Is it me or are the backpacks on some of the visitors getting bigger, got hit more times Saturday than on previous visits!

Credit to the organisers and foot soldiers on duty.

Keith

bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 08:18 PM UTC
We said more or less the same thing, more people, getting knocked about more then last year, and way more models then last, the worse for me was the constant heat, I must have lost (probably good for me) a lot of weight just trying to walk around.
The exchange section I left well alone due to last year, brought way to many that I honestly didn't want, then on Sunday I thought I would have a look, but then the security bloke said ''Are you a member ?'' and for non-members that would be open at 1pm and I wanted to be heading home long before that.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 08:42 AM UTC
Truly some wonderful models in Telford. The LST dio with the German POW's is tops for storytelling!

--Karl
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 11:14 PM UTC
Good to see you again at Telford Alec.

Loads of good models, I agree it was a bit hot, especially over in Hall 1 where the London stand was.

Quite a few good bargains though, picked up the Dragon Scharnhorst for just under £100, and one or two other bits & peices.

Backpacks are pain in a congested area like that, we had at least one narrow escape with somebody not thinking & swinging round close to the stand & almost doing some damage, as well as getting bumped by them. I do wonder at time & time what people carry in them and why they need to bring them into the halls.

Si
Littorio
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 - 11:25 PM UTC
Great show as always.

Simon you and I must have been sitting next to each other, I was the one on the SE London stand with the 'Kitmaker network - British Bulldogs' shirt on.
RedDuster
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 10:30 PM UTC
Luciano,

Now I can put a face to a name I do remember seeing you. I was the taller one with the light blue Association of London Modellers sweatshirt on. Only had three of my ships on the stand, we had a fair sized contingent from the club up, so more room for shopping.

Si
 _GOTOTOP