_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
A little trick I use
robtmelvin
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Model Shipwrights: 163 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 03:38 AM UTC
We're all familiar with the brittle cellophane bags that Dragon and other manufacturers use to bag the different sprues in their kits. One thing that I do as soon as I start to work on a build, as I go through and inventory the sprues to make sure I have everything, is to remove the sprues from those cellophane bags and instead place them in resealable sandwich bags. Nothing real heavy, just a pint or quart size zip lock bag that I can open and reseal as needed. Helps me from loosing parts that my fall off the sprue or which I cut off and then decide that I don't need it quite yet. I'm sure this has saved me some heartache from lost parts over time and it is very convenient and inexpensive as the baggies can be used over and over again. If a particular sprue is too big for the bags I have, I simply cut the sprue into smaller sections and place all parts of the larger sprue in the same bag.

Hope somebody finds this useful.

Bob
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 12:45 AM UTC
Hi Bob
Good tip! I do something similar; I also get the small zip lock baggies at Michael's (100 for 1-2$) to keep subassemblies pieces together, or after construction to keep them dust-free before painting. Thanks for sharing! cheers
 _GOTOTOP