_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
PHOTOS: MODEL
IJN Light Cruiser Kinu, 1942
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 12:58 AM UTC
MSW crew-mate Veniamin Litvin (Litvin70) shares a gallery of images of his fine build of IJN Light Cruiser Kinu, as seen in 1942, in this "On Display" feature!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,514 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 01:38 AM UTC
very beautiful build, love the constructions and details..thanks for sharing! cheers

PS - congrats on getting the WC!
bobcicconi
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 157 posts
Model Shipwrights: 156 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 08:41 AM UTC
Nice job! I really like those IJN light cruisers!
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 07:06 AM UTC
Doesn't this simply make a great looking ship ? First saw this completed at the Telford model show, with another that I can't remember the name of, while like most Japinese cruiser fans would have built this in 1-700, having seen this first hand, and now having a good look around this fine model, it is a very tempting offer to buy one. Come to think of it ----- these new 1-350 light and heavy cruisers with the new up and coming destroyer, there's not many been built so far, certainly haven't seen many on the site.
I like the look of this ship, rigging perhaps a little to fine, and some open gaps along edges, these can be a problem especially when the glue goes off and the the two leading edges remain open, I normally place a very small amout of glue, allow to almost go off, then carefully file, the glued plastic acts as a filler, allow to completely dry, then paint as usual. Looking at the bridge with those trasparent windows, I'd be very tempted to place a few figures inside just to see, if they can be seen. Wonderful job with the photoetch, and as you'll know, it can be very difficult building a ship clean, no weathering, huge spaces of rust and over painting, very nice overall finish. Thank you for sharing.
Litvin70
Visit this Community
Krasnoyarsk, Russia
KitMaker: 49 posts
Model Shipwrights: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 01:49 PM UTC
Hi, Alec! "some open gaps along edges"? On my model? Where?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 04:50 PM UTC
Hello Veniamin - maybe my old eyes are playing up, the bridge doesn't seem to join completely flat against the deck, and bridge assembly starboard, seems to have a join line on the corner.
Could you tell me the model length, and the highest point from the stand up to the top mast. Thank you.
Litvin70
Visit this Community
Krasnoyarsk, Russia
KitMaker: 49 posts
Model Shipwrights: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:51 PM UTC
I see on model and photo.. Its no gaps but maybe very little perhaps shadows..
But thank you for your attention and technology. Now I assebled heavy cruiser Nachi 1/350, I thik result be better You can see it.
Length 460 mm highest point from the stand up to the top mast (wihtout stand) 120mm. Cheers
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2010 - 01:43 AM UTC
Very nice work Veniamin.
 _GOTOTOP