_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
Royal Models US Sailor
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 04:38 AM UTC
Alan McNeilly (AlanL) gives us a first-hand look at one of the Royal Models 1/35 figures designed for the ELCO boat in this inbox review!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
bravozulu
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 124 posts
Model Shipwrights: 123 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 10:34 AM UTC
This is a step in the right direction, very commendable. But my Gawd,did we have to wait two years for this?? I was fully expecting another SET. This is not rocket science nor is it a watchmakers intricate researched item. I think if this was part of a released group of 4 or 5 new figures, same vintage...maybe 3 swabbies and a CPO.... each in casual dungaree dress or whatever, would be sweet. For the PT Boat builders, who may have been waiting all this time for something new, its, NICE, but a letdown when you may have set this aside for multiple kit figures...

Ray in Canada
Grumpyoldman
Staff Member_ADVISOR
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Model Shipwrights: 981 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:25 PM UTC
Spend many hours with my Bucket, sponge, and scouring powder washing down the engine room equipment. Then more hours polishing the bright work.
For a bucket, pick up the Part PE set, or the new RB buckets made from turned brass.
I agree with Roy, as it would have been nice as a set of sailors with a PO/CPO supervising the work detail.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2010 - 04:56 AM UTC
Hi Ray,

I think the figs have been out about a year or so now, maybe more. Here's a link to their site

RoyalModel

I came acroos these other chaps when browsing around.

These two are new to me, look pretty generic and useable as USN crew with the addition of a cap or two:

U Models also have about 7 newish USN figuers of crew working on the boat, scroll across toward the end of the link for these.

U Models

Al
 _GOTOTOP