_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
PHOTOS: MODEL
German Bremen Frigate, Koln F211
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 11:42 PM UTC
MSW crew-mate David J. Salvin (djandj) sends in this gallery of images of one of his latest builds, NNT Models German Bremen class frigate, Koln F211, in this "On Display" feature!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
~Gunny
Dr_Who2
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 90 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 11:24 PM UTC
Hi,
@David
Nice and clean result. Was there no helicopter included? The manufacturer site shows a picture of a model with a Westland Sea-Lynx Mk 88a.
I was always curious about the NNT kit and rejected due to the price tag. After having seen your result, I might change my mind.
Thank you for publishing this!

@all
It may interest some, that JJ at Modell-Heling.de -currently actually serving on a Bremen Class- is putting together a comprehensive article by text and picture.
While the site comes in German language (e.g. you could use google translate), at least the walkaround pictures may be of interest. The article is going to be extended as time fits for the author, so maybe save the links and drop back there every once in a while.

Here are the current references:

Fregatte der Bremen Klasse on Modell-Helling
Sea Sparrow System on Modell-Helling
djandj
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 44 posts
Model Shipwrights: 34 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 - 07:33 PM UTC
Yep - there is a helo inlcluded, but in order to ship it back to my patron in one piece, I did not build it up.. Shipping these things is an art by itself, and often does not allow me to build up all the pieces.

David
 _GOTOTOP