_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
1/700 Akagi Tri Deck, Seeking Ref/Build Info
Sammuel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 200 posts
Model Shipwrights: 95 posts
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 - 08:23 AM UTC
Group;

Getting ready to start the IJN Akagi Tri Deck 1/700 today. I have an IJN CV PE set from GMM and some other PE sets left over from other 1/700 IJN builds.

I'm trying to stay on a budget with this and future projects. I don't mind scratch building and it helps with my building skills. I will go very slow on this project. This will be a center display in my home office and an addition to my growing fleet.

I'm seeking on-line info / reff/ build info on the Akagi. I know not much info is out on the tri deck type. I'm familar with some of the on line sites, but if any one knows of any other info or parts I should pick up, that would be great.

I don't have the funds to get the real wood deck and PE deck parts that you could pick up for the kit. I already put plenty of money into it with the kit and a PE set.

I'm ready for the challange! I will spend the next few days reviewing the kit plans and marking on the kit with a Sharpi, what I plan to remove, improve.

I hope to have some photo's put up on the site, once I find out how to do that.

Any info or help would be great.

Sam

Capsoda
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 01:51 PM UTC
Hello Sam, I am just starting the same kit and was wondering if you found any good referances?

Warren
 _GOTOTOP