_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
Anyone built the Naka by Fujimi ?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 12:08 AM UTC
Hello there, with my Oyodo more or less finished, I am now looking at the Naka as my next subject of classes, the IJN had 8 of these and only a few more to go, and I'd have built one from each light cruiser class.
I brought the Naka on the strength of the box art (as seen on ebay) and somewhat foolishly believed this to be a new tooling, wrong, while the box is new, there's nothing new about the model, thick lumps of plastic, more mould lines then you can shake a stick at - My question is - has anyone built this ship that has those long roll off barrel anti-submarine thingys, or have actually built and finished the Fujimi model ?
Look forward to your reply.
Naka 1
As you can see, the box art is ''not'' from the same time as the model inside, I have still to find any 1-700 that clearly states new tooling.
Naka 1933
Above is the IJN Naka 1930/33 I believe there are two types built from the same kit, however the instructions don't show this, the Naka I have is the 1940's so I'm still stuck.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 08:09 AM UTC
I originally set out to but new tooled models, ended up with Oyodo and Naka both very old plastic models that just happen to have new box-art, somewhat of a cheek really. I'll do my best to post a few photo's of my Naka progress later in the week.
I have just treated myself to the Natago plus the full pe kit a total of £40.00, and depending when this arrives from Japan and China, and obviously how I feel, I'd like to do a little write up with this ''new'' Fujimi model.
Later - the IJN light cruiser Naka.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 11, 2011 - 09:58 AM UTC
Naka (b) 005
Naka (b) 003
To this stage about 5 days of generally mucking about with this lump of plastic, the rear search-light platform I filed down and replaced with some PE, all small boats, search lights and float aircraft was replaced as the original Fujimi were really that bad, the AA's and flag-pole also a much required upgrade, I'd guess although new box art, the contents are probably 70's or mid 80's so between 30 and 40 years old, simply continue to pump out the same kit.
the aircraft which I hate building is almost finished, a bi-plane float aircraft from the 1-700 Tamiya lable, everytime I glue a float on the darn wing falls off, then the other float, number 5 then comes out of the box and I begin all over again, I guess I've destroyed approx 6 of these 1-700 aircraft, on some of my builds I'll have these being repaired, or the catapult being new and heavy canvis wrapped and tied to the deck, just about anything to avoid building another float aircraft.
bigal07
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 02:13 AM UTC
The 1-700 old tooled model by Fujimi IJN Naka, finally after a rather long week build, is finally finished. All comments as always welcome.
IJN Naka (f) 009
IJN Naka (f) 028
IJN Naka (f) 022
 _GOTOTOP