_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
ITALERI's upcoming VOSPER kit
alross2
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 317 posts
Model Shipwrights: 308 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 03:36 AM UTC
Anticipating the release of ITALERI's 1/35 VOSPER MTB kit -

I have the VOSPER drawings for this group (MTB 73-98) and will be uploading sections depending on what you guys are building. However, these are 30-year old copies they made on a strange metallic-based paper and are rather faded and a bit fuzzy. Here's an example:

John Lambert redrew all of these plans (and many more) directly from the original VOSPER drawings for our "Allied Coastal Forces of World War II", volume 2. They are very clear and detailed, so you might want to start checking around in your local libraries for a copy. If they don't have it, they can get it through interlibrary loan. Also, John sells copies of all of these through his plans service lambert-plans.com . You'll also find a lot of them in John and Les Brown's "Allied Torpedo Boats" published by Seaforth last year.

Al Ross
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 04:32 AM UTC
Hi Al,

I have John Lambert's book and very good it is too. Copies for Allied Costal Forces are still available but at silly prices.

After you mentioned it again I did a bit of surfing on the net and came across a free Pdf version. I would have preferred the book but beggers can be choosers!

Sorry I can't remember what site it was on.

Alan
 _GOTOTOP