_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
AMW WWII IJN Watertight Doors
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 09:48 AM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates!!!

Join me for a First Look style Review of Alliance Model Works 1:350 WWII IJN Watertight doors, and Hatch Shutters.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 03:13 AM UTC
Sometimes there's a small instruction sheet as described by Jim, showing the different types and how you'd bend these, for my money are the instructions showing you what these actually look like once correctly in place on your ship of choice, a photo of some grey model with many bright brass photoetch pieces in place, how often do you buy a full PE set only to find 20% of etch parts not on the instruction sheet ? For myself, I'd like to see both, the item showing in its correct final shape and another photo showing where these would be used. Not really thinking to hard about it, but Jim struck a note by adding where a hatch or watertight door goes, does 100% of people that build model ships know that ? I never gave it any thought until now, but looking at it, its actually makes perfect sense.
Good review.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 24, 2011 - 04:56 AM UTC
A hatch goes through a deck(floor) a watertight door goes through a bulkhead(wall).

Hope that helps out some.

I will get the rest of your question later today!

_GOTOTOP