_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Related
Site related feedback, issues, or suggestions.
Personal Update
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,169 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,597 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 01:45 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates,

You may have all noticed the lack of news reports from me and a lack of presence on the site.

Life has gotten in the way of me making a real contribution to this site and limited my real time on a computer.

Well shipmates due directly to a real change in circumstances I have resigned my position as a news reporter.

It was not an easy decision to come to but common sense has prevailed. This is not a very easy post to make either I have to admit.

I have well and truly loved the news role it was rewarding, exciting and a real challenge.

I posted 697 news stories in my time as a reporter just a few short of the magic 700 but a number I am still proud of.

I attempted to maintain the highest standard of professionalism with each and every story.

I have learnt a lot and it was this role which gave me a true reason to get out of bed during a despairing period of my life.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the members and staff of MSW for a truly superb experience.

I hope in some small way I have contributed to making MSW the best ship modeling site around.

Where to from here? Well I will cruise by here when I get a chance. Its not totally goodbye and I am hoping to get back into that Airfix E-Boat again!

Cheers

Sean
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 06:47 PM UTC
Hi Sean,

I hope everything works out for the best. Thanks for all your hard work and good luck.

Al
beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 971 posts
Model Shipwrights: 645 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 09:29 AM UTC
Sean sorry to hear about you not been around as much, hope you will be able to call in on a regular basis to let us know how your getting on and good luck to you
Thanks for all your help in the past couple of years I,ve been with MSW
Keith
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 07:08 PM UTC
Hi Sean

Sorry that you had to step down, you did a great job !

I hope that the time you now get on hand will do good, and that you also get some time for modelling a bit.

Cheers - stay safe/Jan
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 06:53 AM UTC
Yes, Sean has been a great asset here are MSW. Even before he joined the staff he contributed a great deal to the site.

Sean, you'll be missed as staff.

Take care my friend!

skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 12:12 PM UTC
Hi Sean

I can only say BZ on all your work!
Thank you for your endless work hours, and all the news you brought to us!

Rui

PS: Keep some workbench time if you can... you know, you will find that very refreshing (I did!)
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Model Shipwrights: 4,704 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 02:39 PM UTC
Mr. Ford,
I will say that you will be sorely missed, mate, you did a great job as Newswriter for MSW, my friend.

The position is a challenging, thankless one at that, many long hours of gathering the news, preparing and editing the story, and making it "live", all the while trying to stay current with the ever changing releases...but I will say, my time as Newswriter at MSW before I became Managing Ed. was a fun time, I really enjoyed it!...your shoes will be a hard pair to fill, mate..

Real life does have a tendency to get in the way of the finer things in life, but alas, you've got to take care of business before pleasure. You should be proud of the job you accomplished while on staff Sean, you made me thankful for having you by my side on staff, giving us the news, and your detailed series posts when you had the extra time.

Now, when you have time, you can belly up to the bench and enjoy the hobby that you so well reported on, thanks for your work, mate!

Cheers,
~Gunny
md72
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 4,950 posts
Model Shipwrights: 248 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 04:44 PM UTC
Thanks Sean, I enjoyed reading your work.
I hope things work out for the best.

BZ
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Model Shipwrights: 10 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 06:31 PM UTC
Hi Sean,
All the best mate, I am sure everything will work out the right way!
 _GOTOTOP