_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
hms fearless 1/600
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 11:49 AM UTC
hi there guys so ive got airfix's hms fearless 1/600 kit. i built this some time ago when i was younger and made a right mess of it but i was still learning then, but now i have it again and my modellin skills have improved atleast i think they have lol but to the point of this post!

i was wondering if someone can tell me what colours id need for a falklands version of hms fearless! the decking? the all over ship grey colour? the inner ship where landing craft are held? also white ensign models do update sets for several kits and one of them is for HMS fearless see link below
https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM+1600+Ultimate+PostWar+Royal+Navy+Set+1+PE+624/5357/
would this be a decent kit to use for updating?

plus there is another kit which is railings mainly and also has blades for the hellicopters and wheels but im plannin having these hover for landing
see link below
https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/p/WEM+1600+Ultimate+PostWar+Royal+Navy+Set+2+PE+625/5358/

anyone think these are any good?

any tips and coments welcome

tony
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 11:39 PM UTC
anyone?
DutchBird
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,144 posts
Model Shipwrights: 172 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 02:26 AM UTC
I am not familiar with any of the kits...

Just in general, WEM products are generally well received, and offer quite a bit of bang for one's buck.

No idea about the RN colours during the Falklands...

Cheers,

Harm
Tailor
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Model Shipwrights: 676 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 03:13 AM UTC
Hi, Anthony!
As I haven't experienced this particular set either, I can echo what Harm said: WEM is one of the finest producers in PE for ship kits, anyway.
As well, I doubt there is any one set more fitting for the line of Airfix post-war ship kits.
Regarding colour you should ask WEM straight via their homepage or on their facebook page. They'll surely answer quickly and precisely.
Have fun building this old classic!
Cheers,
Guido

Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,218 posts
Model Shipwrights: 214 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 09:54 AM UTC
Hi Anthony,

I had the Arfix 1/600 HMS Victorious and bought the Wem set you mentioned above. It only has a few bits and pieces for each ship (Mast and Radar) but combined with the RN Railings set completely transforms the Arifix kits.

The WEM PE is absolutely superb!!!

Definitely worth the money!
 _GOTOTOP