_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Naval Review?
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 06:03 AM UTC
Looking at Alec's wonderful IJN battleship set and Lars' collection, I must wonder:

Does anyone else in our community have an intact (or nearly so) set of warships from a given navy?

Considering the sheer volume of kits (both plastic and resin) in 1:700, especially from WWII, there must be someone who has the Kriegsmarine, Regia Marina, or even all the major USN types built up in a single collection. I recall attending an exposition in the 1970s where a gentleman had all the available IJN 1:700 kits built and arranged atop a Japanese naval ensign on a large table. Talk about presentation!

So, if anyone else has a naval fleet together, please send in the family portraits!

--Karl
Buckeye198
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 596 posts
Model Shipwrights: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 05:45 PM UTC
Wowie...that would be a real eye-catcher, that's for sure!! The most I've seen on this site (and recently, too) was a builder who had one of each class of IJN battleship used during WWII, and that was impressive enough. According to Wikipedia, during WWII the IJN consisted of 11 battleships, 21 fleet carriers, 4 light carriers, 45 cruisers, 141 destroyers, and 171 submarines. If someone out there had an ENTIRE model IJN, I would have just one word for them...DAMN!
 _GOTOTOP