_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
NEWS
New Dockside Kits from Tomy Tec
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,422 posts
Model Shipwrights: 5,079 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 03:10 AM UTC
Ahoy mates!

Tomy Tec, a Japanese model train company, has announced the re-release of three new 1/700 dockyard accessory sets. Interested? To find out more, click on the link below.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Model Shipwrights: 985 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 07:50 AM UTC
While the subjects surely is interesting and relevant, I must say that I find the price somewhat over the attractive.

Cheers/Jan
steviecee
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 123 posts
Model Shipwrights: 38 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 02:04 PM UTC
interesting but where would they be available fo purchas?
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2011 - 02:24 AM UTC
Sadly 3 things put me off this system. 1 - the price, while obviously people want to make money, I always say, make em cheaper and sell more thereby encreasing your overall profit. 2 - the train rail is always above ground, this doesn't often happen in a dock yard where the rail head are just below the concrete surface. And finally 3 - I feel these could all broken up into smaller kits and sold on ebay, the problem is actually finding out where these items are sold, on ebay there are millions of people using that site every day. In all, this is a very good looking set, but like I said, for myself, to much money.
I would also like to see buildings in 1-350, there very few are far between, and like the awaiting of the 3-D figures there is a HUGE market out there, just requires someone brave enough to tap into it.
 _GOTOTOP