_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
Revell Bismarck PE?
Matt182
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 01:44 AM UTC
Hi everyone,

An armor builder here crossing the divide and looking for some help on building a battleship!

The wife got me a 1/700 Revell Bismarck a little while ago and as my stash has been thinning i've been thinking its about time I built it. This will be a complete first for me but I have plenty of experience with building armor so I can't see construction/painting being too much of a problem. I can imagine accuracy might be a different story though!

Anyway I have been looking through the kit parts and although its all nicely moulded and detailed I feel there is room for some extra detail. I would like to add some PE but I can't seem to find any for this kit.

Are there any PE sets for this kit? I have seen a Voyager set for the Dragon kit, would this be compatible with the Revell kit?

Any guidance would be of great help.
Many thanks
Matt
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 07:42 AM UTC
Hi Matt.

PE for ships is normally pretty specific for a certain model if you know what I mean. It may be possible t use OPE for an Academy model on Revell but the railings etc may not line up. Having said that that is for 1/350 scale ships. AN example is the Revell and Tamiya modernised New Jerseys. You could look at the two kits and conclude they were different ships there are so many differences.. The Eduard set says it was for either kit but I tried it and nothing was fitting the Revell kit.
WEM make a specific set for the Revell Bismarck in 1/700. Their PE is normally top notch stuff. Here
Matt182
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 269 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 10:36 PM UTC
Hi Warren,

thanks very much for your respone and info provided. I completely forgot WEM produces thier own PE so I should really have looked there first! Looks like their set has just about the right amount of additional detail.

Thanks again
Matt
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 - 05:42 AM UTC
Lion Roar makes a Revell-specific set #LS350009. $110 - $120 US. I was a bit unsure at first as it doesn't state on the box as to whether Revell or Tamiya, but it does say on the instruction sheet.
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 02:45 PM UTC
Sorry. I didn't notice it was 1/700.
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 03:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry. I didn't notice it was 1/700.

Hehe.. I was about to make some snide remarks about not reading posts etc..
Fundly enough I received that very PE set during the week and it is rather large..
 _GOTOTOP