_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Revell 2012 re-release of Flower Class
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Model Shipwrights: 124 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 03:32 PM UTC
Spotted a link on the IPMS Ireland forums to IPMS German forum where there is an anouncment of the Flower being re-released in November 2012 with PE set and wooden decks. No further details yet.

Link to see the rest of the list is: http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2012.html

Cheers
Sean
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
Model Shipwrights: 54 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 04:54 PM UTC
I wonder if they have an inclination of releasing just the PE and wooden deck for those of us that have the ship already.

Picked up an intact Matchbox version for a song this summer. Shocked to see what the going prices on Ebay were for the Matchbox one. Knew it was only a matter of time before it was re-released again.
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2012 - 10:56 PM UTC
Pretty disappointing list really, Nice to see the Flower back, and will be interested to see what will be in the etch, but otherwice, nothing much at all.

Si
robtmelvin
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Model Shipwrights: 163 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 03:50 AM UTC
Might have to check that out when it hits the market to see what they are actually offering, especially by way of PE. I've always loved the Flower Class corvettes and especially in 1/72.

Bob
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 05:21 AM UTC
Glad to see the kit pipeline will be refreshed with a Flower re-release, though I'm chary of what the new price will be if PE and wooden decks are included.

--Karl
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 10:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pretty disappointing list really, Nice to see the Flower back, and will be interested to see what will be in the etch, but otherwice, nothing much at all.

Si

Hi Simon, I think we'll need to look to the east for anything substantial on the salty side of the hobby, Having said that though, I am looking forward to Airfix's 1/350 release of HMS Daring!
 _GOTOTOP