_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
aftermarket for Italeri M.A.S. 568 kit
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 09:20 AM UTC
I finally picked up the 1/35 kit and I would like to add some extra detail and a few crew members. I looked at the italeri crew figures and they didnt impress me at all.

does anyone make some P.E. for the kit, I know Eduard and CMK made some cool stuff for the Schnellboot. but I havent been able to find any for the M.A.S

tia
dylan
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 10:25 AM UTC
Hello Dylan, There is no photo-etch available that I know of. I don't think any that wasn't included in the kit was really needed anyway. Royal Model of Italy makes some very nice Italian Navy figures and U-model of France has a set of Italian life jackets available. Hornet has a set of heads wearing Italian Helmets that can be used to really improve the Italeri figures. Al
dylans
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 394 posts
Model Shipwrights: 13 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 01:20 PM UTC
thanks Al
unfortunately it doesn't look like Royal model has any italian navy crew listed in their catalog. it looks like I will have to go the hornet head route.

TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 02:08 PM UTC
Dylan, I'm sorry, I made a mistake, it was Model Victoria, not Royal Model, that has the Italian figures. Royal model had USN Figures and I confused the two companies. By the way, both Julian Sallows & Alan McNielly did excellent build features that you can find posted on this site. I also posted some pictures of my MAS build using the Italeri figures.

These three figures, and the one inside the wheelhouse, are stock.

The two gun crewmen needed their heads replaced, the helmet chin straps were very poorly molded. The seated gunner didn't fit well into his seat, so I repositioned his legs to make him stand, bending over the gun. Al

_GOTOTOP