_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
REVIEW
IJN Fuso 1944 (1:700)
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 - 02:35 PM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates!!!

Join Russ Amotto as he takes a look at Aoshima''s retake edition of the waterline IJN Fuso in her 1944 configuration in 1/700 scale.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Model Shipwrights: 151 posts
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2012 - 06:32 PM UTC
Thanks for helping with this, Jim. It's really a nice kit. The "retake" in the title reminded me of the "fragi-le" part in "A Christmas Story" with the leg lamp.
steve-o
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 545 posts
Model Shipwrights: 113 posts
Posted: Friday, March 09, 2012 - 03:39 AM UTC
Thanks for the review!!

I have the older version of this kit (with PE and metal barrels) and it is very nice. But by looking at your review, I would recommend buying this kit over the older one. The main deck being molded in 1 piece, instead of 2 pieces is a nice improvement! Aftermarket goodies can be bought separately with a lot less hassle than filling the gap between the old 2-piece deck!

- Steve
pagodaphile
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 62 posts
Model Shipwrights: 46 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 04:50 PM UTC
Thanks Russ for an interesting read with this review on the kit. IMO, there can never be too many versions of Fuso.

In reference to the background information, recently surfaced material suggests a different version of the demise of Fuso. In Tully's recent work on the topic (The Battle of Surigao Strait) , US interrogation reports are quoted of IJN prisoners captured after the battle. Witness accounts have Fuso going under in one piece, with an explosion being heard after the sinking. The "floating pieces" are now described as a burning oil slick.
 _GOTOTOP