_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Amati Titanic
JimMrr
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Model Shipwrights: 409 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 02:19 PM UTC
Hi there,
someone wants me to build them the Amati Titanic. Can anyone out there tell me how many hours I might be spending on this monster?...
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2012 - 06:08 AM UTC
What scale are we talking here Jim? I'm not familiar with this model.
Julian
RoyWhitworth
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 12:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there,
someone wants me to build them the Amati Titanic. Can anyone out there tell me how many hours I might be spending on this monster?...

I'd say the best part of a year, maybe more if you really want to go all out on detail. There's a good build on www.buildthetitanic.co.uk

Roy
padawan_82
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 817 posts
Model Shipwrights: 18 posts
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2012 - 06:36 PM UTC
The amati Titanic was a series of magazine's which provided parts each week and a step by step guide Julian. As for your question Jim it depends on your skill when my brother collected the issues he intended for me to build it but at the time I didn't feel my skills were up to the task so I asked my neighbor's father to build it he's had years of modelling experience and because he's retired it took him 6 months to build it non stop. Though at the moment thanks to my cat Molly the ship needs repair I've had to remove all the rigging (which I'm looking for an alternative to the twine given in the magazine) and then do a bit of accurizing in the form of more detailed rigging of the lifeboat falls and the ships cranes which I think were over simplified in the mag. Good luck with your build Jim just remember take your time and have fun. Ant
 _GOTOTOP