_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Carriers
Topics on all types of carriers from the early 20th century to today.
kuznetsov 1/350
PeterW
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 30 posts
Model Shipwrights: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2012 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hello all, have just got Trumpeter Kuznetsov after many years of nagging the wife. I have a few questions which I hope can be answered

1 what colours do I need to paint the planes? I can't seem to find the colours listed.
2 Does the large cylindrical object atop the island revolve in real life or is it static?
3 Are there any options to use Tamiya acrylics on the ship?

The model will be RC thus the question on the cylinder thing. ( I am thinking of getting it to turn if it does indeed turn, not sure why I think it should)

All the best,

Peter.
Littorio
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 05:57 AM UTC
Peter, an image search in Google brings up this lot as the the aircraft do a search for Sukhoi Su-33 and that will give you all you need for the aircraft.
As you can see the Kuznetsov gets very worn when it does makes an appearance. Hope to pick up mine later this year, after getting the airwing last year only to find the ship out of stock so picked up the Nimitz instead.
PeterW
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 09:29 AM UTC
Thank you for the reply and the link, the pics certainly help. As you seem to be in the same area of the world as me I would be intrigued to know if you will be getting from a local model shop as the ones near me aren't what they used to be. The Kuznetsov is a good build apart from the deck which is or can be a headache.

All the best,

Peter.
Littorio
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 05:49 PM UTC
Peter, I'll be ordering from WEM for collection at SMW Telford, that way no postage cost and if I need anything for it I can get it at the same time.
PeterW
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 06:55 AM UTC
Luciano,

It is WEM for me as well, I like to try local shops but as I said they are not what they were so WEM get my business. Very helpful with the paints and accessories for the Kuznetsov.

All the best,

Peter.
 _GOTOTOP