_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
USS Olympia
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 06:14 PM UTC
Hello there, apparently this is a new model, but strangely enough an ex Revell, its an odd scale size but it also comes with the offering of all etch plus stick down wooden decking for under $90.00, I can only think that shipping to the UK would be a stinger as postage has gone up yet again.
But for those that haven't seen this model, then please let everyone know what you think of this full hull model, and for those that know about this, please let us know what you think about it.

ol2 by warship, on Flickr

ol1 by warship, on Flickr

ol by warship, on Flickr
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 07:08 PM UTC
A nice looking build Alec, as you say the problem is getting one to Europe without being raped by the tax-bandits.
Cheers,
Julian
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 08:51 PM UTC
Not so cheap over here Alec, Hannants have it in stock £79.99, Mind if you can arrange to pick it up from a show they are attending it is 10% off.

Si
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 - 09:42 PM UTC
In that case Simon, I haven't found such a bad deal afterall, on ebay at the moment, although I am sure its without the decking, but eveything else, £26.49 what put me off was the shipping from the US coming in at a wopping £29.49 which is more then the model itself, I refuse to pay those shipping prices as I know in time I'll get one from Hong Kong/China at a better shipping rate, as they know how to do business, with the Americans they are all about money, and I dare say you would also pay inport duty on that shipping as well, but strangely not from the far east.
The decking you can always buy elsewhere if need be, mind you, it does look rather nice and I have never done a stick down wooden deck before.
So, your £79.99 without shipping isn't good, if it wasn't for the shipping from the US I'd buy now, the premimum edition of course.
Talking of shows, Hendon I believe this month ?????
Just found it.
May 20th doors open at 10am while free to get in, you will be charged for parking also disable badge holders will also be charged, so be warned !
 _GOTOTOP