_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Hendon this weekend
bigal07
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 05:34 AM UTC
This is more then likely in the wrong section, however for those in the UK this coming Sunday 20th, doors open 10am at the RAF museum Hendon just off the A1, parking is not free, unless of course you park outside, not free parking for disabled either, the entry into the museum and model show is free however, last year a lot of people turned up, so come early, get through and get out before the mad rush.
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 08:23 PM UTC
I will be there with ALM / IPMS London so there will be some ships in evidence, also I know the South Atlantic sig are there and I think Fine Waterline.

didn't make it last year, but it is a good show, some good trade & Hannants Colindale next door will be openas well.

Si
AlanL
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 10:47 PM UTC
I'm working Sunday but I might get a quick trip up at lunch time as I'm close to the site.

Al
RedDuster
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 - 08:26 PM UTC
Hendon was a good show, and a ship took best in show, Richard Stuart with 1/350th USS Hornet and HMS Eskimo, brilliant build, lots of aircaft on deck, superbly detailed with crew working on them, pilots in the cockpit etc.

Sorry didn't get a good pic, but the lighting was poor and the model was cased.

Put my Graf Spee, which came nowhere, but in such a well supported and high quality marine class the judges got it right, without a doubt.

Si
bigal07
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 887 posts
Model Shipwrights: 575 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 02:35 AM UTC
Did see you Si, you should have tapped me on the shoulder, the aircraft carrier was very good, just a shame the cover was on. My 1-400 V 106 was unplaced as was my 1-700 dio, but there is always next year
AlanL
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 03:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm working Sunday but I might get a quick trip up at lunch time as I'm close to the site.

Al

Ended up being too busy even to pop over.

Al
RedDuster
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 07:42 PM UTC
Hi Alec,

Sorry, was looking out for you, but blind as well as daft. your V106 was very nice, but that was a tough class, agree pity about the case on the carrier, tough call for 2nd place, both the u-boat and the elco were master classes in weathering. Thought the 1/700th dio was yours, again good peice of work in another tough class.

As you say there is always next year.

Si
 _GOTOTOP