_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
REVIEW
USS Princeton CVL-23 (1:350)
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,419 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 06:56 AM UTC
Ahoy Shipmates!!!

Join me for an in box review of the most recent Dragon CVL, USS Princeton CVL-23.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 08:25 AM UTC
For everyone's information, Eduard have just released a PE set for the USS Independence, CVL-22, which should be able to be used on this ship as well. The other good thing is that the PE is just over $28 at Luckymodel, which is very good value for two large sheets of PE. I havve ordered mine already for my CVL-22 in the stash..
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Model Shipwrights: 163 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 08:42 AM UTC
This release was to be expected, though I didn't know this one was out yet. The only difference to the Independence seems to be the additional bow 20mm guns. The instructions look about the same, maybe a tad less confusing as there are not so many options (3in aa guns, alternative 20mm arrangement). Hopefully they corrected some of the mistakes in the instructions. Also, the PE looks to be the same, so I'm guessing there are still a lot of the railings missing.

I'm currently in the final stages of the Independence and I would recommend fitting the deck before you fit all the catwalks etc. I will update my blog on that tomorrow though...

Certainly a beautiful kit but not for the beginner!

Cheers!
Stefan
 _GOTOTOP