_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Destroyers
This forum covers all types of destroyers from all eras.
DD-429 Livvermore 1/350 Dragon
javlin
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
KitMaker: 106 posts
Model Shipwrights: 92 posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:07 PM UTC
Well this is my version of the Livermore straight out of the dock going to the painting booth (not at my house yet ) for her camo.Trust you look hard enough I have got some issues but this build was to help me finish the Graf Spee and move onto the Prinz Eugen.The rigging did not work so well the line seems okay on some biplanes but not a ship so back to strecthed sprue.Now I did enjoy the build quite abit.I have been getting alot inspiration of late reading a kinda old publication called "The Rising Sun"about the S.Pacific of course.Are propellar shafts hull color are brass?

surfsup
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,212 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 11:08 AM UTC
Lovely clean build. You have done a very fine job on her.....Cheers mark
javlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 02:27 PM UTC
Thanks Mark,I was beginning she looked alot worst than I thought She was a tool to take me to my next step being only the 3rd ship model completed I just finished #4 tonight .Now the Eugen.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Model Shipwrights: 163 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 06:30 PM UTC
Nice work, Kevin! Were the railings included in the kit? I just received DML's latest destroyer and unfortunately there's no railing included... Rigging is always a PITA, but you seem to have done well with it! My last experience with stretched sprue was less than convincing...

The shafts always seem indicated as being brass, but I couldn't really say for sure.

Cheers and keep up the good work!
Stefan
javlin
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 12:48 AM UTC
Nice work, Kevin! Were the railings included in the kit?

They came with the kit Stefan some people complained about the fit but I really had no issues myself.I would say though that it would of been nice to add the correct instructions for all the railing perdent to the Livermore.The instructions sent were for a setup w/out rear torpedo tubes and the Mk51 if not mistaken just alittle more thought and research needed no biggee.
TracyWhite
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 527 posts
Model Shipwrights: 464 posts
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 - 02:38 PM UTC
Can't speak for all navies and time periods, but USN WWII ships did not have bronze shafts - they were anti-fouling coated as well.
 _GOTOTOP