_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
Trumpeter Gondola
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 12:08 PM UTC
Hello all, I have enquired on another forum about using the Trumpeter Gondola rolling stock as British stock with the Italeri dockside. My questions are: can the Rolling stock, being German, be used as British rail stock(WW2) and is the gauge of the rolling stock compatible with the rail lines on the Italeri dock side ?(the large one).
Trying to find out before I purchase the Trumpeter gear.
Thanks for any help.
Tony
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 01:53 PM UTC
On the second question:

Railroads in docks are often standard gauge (1435mm) and that is compatible all over continental Europe except the non-occupied parts of the Sovjet Union (that used wide gauge) and Spain so the cars should fit on an italien dock.

Italien small gauge is typically 950mm so there a german gondola, even one for small gauge, won't fit since the two common small gauges (600mm, 750mm) in german service are different

The german cars where used all over europe sind 1919 since a lot of them where captured/declared reparation post WW One. As long as the scenario is on the continent I would say "why not"
fenwood
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 76 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012 - 06:35 PM UTC
Thank you very much for your prompt reply, however, I was talking about the Italeri dock kit not Italian (as in Italy).
Thank you anyway for your time and knowledge input.
Tony
 _GOTOTOP