MT Miniatures kits, any good?
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
Model Shipwrights: 220 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi all,
I've just been looking at MT Miniatures range of 1/700 resin kits on White Ensign models and they do a few things that really take my fancy. In particular I was looking at the Type 12 and Leander class frigates. At just over £20 they look reasonably priced. But my question is how are they? Whats the quality of casting? Do they have any PE parts?
Thanks in advance.
Ste
roebuck195
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hello Stephen mate,there's a review of one of these kits on www.finewaterline.com
It is not a favourable one i'm afraid,but we can only hope this manufacturer gets better.I have seen quite a few good models tho.Hope this helps mate

best regards Alan
phantom_phanatic309
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
Model Shipwrights: 220 posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 - 10:41 AM UTC
Cheers Alan,
its far from being a glowing review. I've had far too many poor quality resin kits in the past to risk parting with cash unless I know I'm getting a good quality kit. Way too much with that Frigate needs replacing, bumping costs up even more. I just wouldn't be able to justify to my other half the need to buy Dragons extortionately expensive HMS Daring just to pilfer it of its spares!
In hind sight I do know realise I have the Airfix HMS Leander somewhere in my stash and even that kits should be a better starting place.
 _GOTOTOP