_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
USS New York LPD-21 - Cyber-hobby (1/700)
AyalaBotto
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 55 posts
Model Shipwrights: 54 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 11:17 AM UTC
Hi,

After almost 5 years I’m resuming to build model warships at 1/700.
I ordered the USS New York LPD-21 from Cyber-hobby as well as extra RIM-116 from WEM produced by Orange-hobby.
The level of detail of the Orange-hobby RIM's is amazing and they have the correct dimensions. The same cannot be said regarding the original RIM's.
I also added Edward railings and SBROC's.
The flight deck will have 2x MV-22 Osprey (included in the kit), 1x UH-1N Twin Huey from WEM (Ref. AS 7177) and 2x or 3x AH-1W Super Cobra from WEM (Ref. AS 7176).
One of the MV-22 will be folded (main wing and propellers) on the way to the hangar and the second one parked with the rear ramp opened.
I still have in mind to put a hovering MV-22 Osprey from WEM (AS 7077) with a Humvee from JAG (Ref. JAG 803) or a 155mm howitzer included in the JMSDF LST 4002 Shimokita Tamiya Kit.
The following image shows a similar configuration what I have in mind to my LPD, but without the Sea Stallions.

As far as the MV-22 Osprey camouflage pattern concern, this is the scheme I used:

I used a RHIB inside the starboard side behind the large sliding door with a scratch crane, as the Cyber-hobby kit does not include a single one!
I must order some extra RHIB from WEM to storage amidships.
The stern gate will be open with a LCAC also included in the Cybery-hobby kit with a couple of Humvees or M923 Trucks (Ref. JAG 802).

For the time been the LPD will be temporarily placed with a full hull configuration in the stand provided with the kit, but in the future this will be my first project with a model in a water diorama.

Now some photos:

I'm still working on the Nulka launchers to be placed near the SBROC Launchers.

Hope you like it!

Thanks.
Regards,
Ayala Botto
Lisbon, Portugal
AyalaBotto
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 55 posts
Model Shipwrights: 54 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 11:17 AM UTC
Hi,

Some photos of this project. Still missing the airwing and small details.

Hope you like it!

Thanks.
Regards,
Ayala Botto
Lisbon, Portugal
 _GOTOTOP