_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Master Caster resin part
LAH1SS
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 231 posts
Model Shipwrights: 32 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 01:01 PM UTC
Hello guys i was wondering if any one has or had used the resin armoured cabin for Italeris Schnellboot. I have done a search for some reviews but there are no interior photos of the part and help would be greatly appreciated before i spend my hard earned dollars. Sorry for the link to a model seller website

http://www.1001modelkits.com/accessories-for-military-models/54630-s-100-schnellboot-armoured-skull-cap-bridge-for-italeri-kits-1-35-mastercasters-tank-detail-35006.html

ojayspbody
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8 posts
Model Shipwrights: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:04 PM UTC
I have used the Master-Casters Skullcap/dinghies for my 1/35 Schnellboote direct from the company, and been very satisfied.
Unfortunately they are out of stock of all the Boote resin parts at the moment with no date for re-supply.

This situation has been on going for 13 months up to now, although they are still advertising them on their website.
I have had their mines and depth charge sets ordered since June 2011, they keep informing me they will be available soon
Hope this helps
Gregg
ojayspbody
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 11:48 PM UTC
Check my photo album to see M-C Skullcap!
Gregg
LAH1SS
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 01:15 AM UTC
Greg thanks for the reply apprciated what was the interior detail like was the casting as thick as the italeri piece or thinner and was there any detail on the inside of the peice at all
ojayspbody
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 31, 2012 - 11:20 PM UTC
Hi Stephen, the moulding I aquired was a first run and very thick in places that required considerable filing . The only interior detail was raised edges for the window transparancies, which were lost during the filing. Not a problem for me as I was more interested in the exterior detailing!
Regards
Gregg
LAH1SS
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 01:33 AM UTC
Thanks for that Greg mate i had a feeling that was the case i might try and make my own out of styrene so i can detail it well
 _GOTOTOP