_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
News, Vosper crew , and more, from Italeri
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 03:55 AM UTC

This was taken from a preview of the 2013 Italeri catalog. I'd just about given up hope of seeing some crew to go with the Vosper. Also announced, a PT boat accessories set. And still in the works, the X-craft. I'm going to have to start saving up some money again, not to mention some begging and explaining. Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hi Al,

Just posted on the X Craft, good news about the RN chaps and the Accessories set.

Alan
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 04:37 AM UTC
Hello Alan, we must have posted at almost exactly the same time.
I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the X-craft. I've lusted after one for a long time. The PT boat accessories look promising. I would like to see them include the A/C type 37mm cannon and its mount, as well as a 20mm on the lightweight tripod mount. I think that would expand the possibilities of the set. Al
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 06:22 AM UTC
The PT-boat accessories,the RN crew and the X-craft are must haves. Will give me a chance to pull the Vosper out of my stash
Julian
TheModeller
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 127 posts
Model Shipwrights: 43 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 06:58 AM UTC
I've been waiting for the Italeri crew, I wanted to see how they compare with the resin figures that have become available to se about the best way to crew my model, the 'artwork' seems to indicate they'll be dressed for Home waters rather than the Med but until the full set is displayed I'll have to keep guessing I suppose.

The X-Craft is definitely on my shopping list, it'll be a nice size and will look great next to the Vosper and LCVP!

Would one of the radar masts in the PT boat accessories be suitable for a late/US-built Vosper?
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 09:48 AM UTC
Would one of the radar masts in the PT boat accessories be suitable for a late/US-built Vosper? [Quoted text]

There is a photo of the US built MTB-407 in the Squadron "Vosper MTB's in Action" book with the SO radar mounted. It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks to me like it could be the same mast and dome as the one in the accessory set. I don't see the yardarms though, and the V-shaped brace runs forward instead of aft. Both the ELCO and Higgins' used a similar inverted V mast for the radar, so it would seem logical that US built Vospers would also use the same design. The old Revell Vosper in 1/72 had a single large diameter pole with a forward sloped brace. That could have been correct, or a misinterpretation on their part. Maybe someone else has more definitive information? Al
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Friday, February 01, 2013 - 01:08 AM UTC
Hi Al,
Yes, the SO Radar will work perfectly on your Vosper.
Dave Waples
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 04:22 AM UTC
The Italeri 1/35 PT boat conversion set is ordered so I have a 20mm Oerlikon underway, I have 4 1/35 resin Lewis guns in the stash. Looks like all systems are go for a Vosper build after the 1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck
Julian
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 - 09:53 AM UTC
Hi Julian,

Look forward to developments. Not sure when I'll get to mine as it looks like a house move is on the cards.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP