_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Revell 1/72 Corvette w DJ Parkins PE
Teaker11
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 962 posts
Model Shipwrights: 19 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 01:24 PM UTC
As I wait for my second order to come in from David Parkens I wanted to see if there would be enough interest in the site to do a complete build. I have purchesed almost all of the parts - the life boats as I haven't decided which ship to do. I know the sets are expensive, but this is a once in a life time build for me and will go into a glass case and sealed., Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Jim
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 01:29 PM UTC
Do it do it do it!
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 02:50 PM UTC
I have had the Corvette in the stash since the last century and have just started buying the same sets so it would be good to have a guinea-pig, er pioneer to find all the land mines before I find them.. do it do it do it...
bdanie6
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 615 posts
Model Shipwrights: 50 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 01:24 AM UTC
Go go go!! Do it!
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 01:46 AM UTC
Go for it
Julian
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 02:04 AM UTC
Built my corvette OOB and was very happy with it, so I wanna see this one done!
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 02:13 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply's I will start the build when my next parts order comes in , also I will post some photos of the PE parts Monday. I built this kit when it was matchbox years ago and it really turned out good. The Parkins parts are a little pricey, but for what you get it is well worth it. I have to sit down today and decide which version of the corvette I want to build. I have the Anatomy of the ship AGASSIZ The Flower Class Corvette by John McKay and John Harland, also Shipcraft Special Flower Class Corvettes by John Lambert & Less Brown. these are 2 very good reference books.
More to come.
Jim
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 09:33 AM UTC
Not trying to hijack the thread, but DJ Parkins GLS website has very good pictures of all their PE Sets.
I don't think they are that pricey as they add lots of hours to the build and therefore make it all better value dollars spent to hours needed, and therefore entertainment for we poor schmucks..
Teaker11
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 10:02 AM UTC
The price is not the issue with me as I choose to by his products and it allows me to build a better Ship. I always get the PE sets , tracks, barrels when building armor . I was disappointed when I bought the Premium Revel kit as the did not do anything with the molds, Thick hull plates and other items. but it does not matter as most of the parts will not be used. If you are going to build this kit The Aftermarket kits are the way to go and it will add hours of intense model building that I kook forward to. I am considering redoing the hull plates in brass. I have 2 kits one regular and one platinum so I will experiment with one hull to see how it goes. I do have to have back surgery in mid summer #5 so this is going to be my rehab.
Jim
 _GOTOTOP