_GOTOBOTTOM
New Content
Announcements on new content additions to the site.
NEWS
Atlantic Flowers
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Model Shipwrights: 350 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2013 - 11:48 AM UTC
Mirage has added the HMS "Anchusa" and "Zinnia" to complete your collection of Flower-Class Corvettes!

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 03:47 AM UTC
A bit of an optimistic statement from Mirage, I have both Kits, and whilst they hold quite a bit of promise they both represent early long fo'c'sle flowers with the mast in front of the bridge. when we get a couple of Short Fo'c'sle and a couple of late long fo'c'sle with mast aft of the bridge and hedgehog we will have good coverage.

Must recommend the WEM etch, lots of extras including the the enlarged bridge and different styles of depth charge rack and light AA.

Si
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 07:16 AM UTC
Si, it's good to hear from you! Hopefully things are going well on your end

The intro statements (non-italic) are my own, not Mirage's. It was merely a play on the names of the two ships

I've had a chance to look over both kits myself and I agree with your comments overall. I think that Mirage is continuing to improve in quality and detail. They have more new small-hull ship kits in the works, so I'm hoping that they continue to improve. They're already a good value for the money, and these Corvettes are a great size in 1/350 scale. I would like to see one-piece hulls in the future, but that may be asking too much of them for the time being. These seem to me like good kits for superdetailing without breaking the bank so to speak.
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 07:27 AM UTC
Hi Jeremy,

All well here thanks, I hope the same with you.

My apologies to mirage then, and good pun on the names.

I am looking forward to get stuck to the first build, along with the WEM etch, and will post the build.

Si
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:00 AM UTC
Looking forward to it Si!

Cheers
 _GOTOTOP