_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling: Super-detailing
Topics on photo-etch, metal-parts, and all types of additional detailing.
Need a U.S. White Ensign
DarthLetcherous
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 10:21 AM UTC
Hey guys. Have a trumpeter 1/200 Sovremenny class destroyer to build and need a U.S. distributor of White Ensign Models products. Also, if anyone knows of other "must have" after-market items, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
LonCray
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 348 posts
Model Shipwrights: 33 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 02:29 AM UTC
I would suggest you buy from White Ensign directly. Every time I've ordered goods from them, they invariably arrive BEFORE any other goods I ordered at the same time, even from US companies (I'm in the US). They have their own SR71 for overseas shipping, and it really helps.
ejhammer
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 136 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would suggest you buy from White Ensign directly. Every time I've ordered goods from them, they invariably arrive BEFORE any other goods I ordered at the same time, even from US companies (I'm in the US). They have their own SR71 for overseas shipping, and it really helps.

Same here. I've had very good response from them purchasing direct.

EJ
Biggles2
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 7,600 posts
Model Shipwrights: 833 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 03:43 AM UTC
If you check the 'Contact us' page on White Ensign's site, you'll find a US tel. # to call. Give them your ordering info and they pass it on immediately to White Ensign UK.
DarthLetcherous
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 22 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 02:48 PM UTC
Thanks guys. Will go the direct route. I'm normally a armor builder but anything in scale will get my juices going. Thanks again.
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 - 07:45 PM UTC
I have nothing but good things to say about the service from WEM. I have ordered from them many a time. But now, thanks to the Royal Mail they can no longer ship colourcoats to Australia! So if any one knows of an Australian distributor of colourcoats that'd be great!!!
 _GOTOTOP