_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
advice
johnmallam
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 98 posts
Model Shipwrights: 61 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 - 08:51 AM UTC
hi ive just started ijn musashi and have brought upgrade main and secondary guns my problem is if you know this ship the main guns have some bits on the outer guns that stick on the barrel just in front of the blast bags...when i have put upgrades on the other battle ships ive just taken of plastic gun and fitted new guns in line with blast bags but with this one there are some little bits that fit on barrel just in front of blast bags. so i think my choices are 1 cut of plastic as near to blast bags keeping the little bits as near as possible this will make the guns longer than they should be 2 do same and cut some length off barrel which i think would be rubbish .if you have made this ship i hope you know from my stupid description what i mean by the bits on main guns as i dont have a clue what there called if you can help it would be a great help best wishes john
RussellE
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 3,959 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,777 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 - 09:47 AM UTC
Hi John

could you perhaps upload a couple of pics of the troublesome area so we can 'see' a bit better?
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Model Shipwrights: 67 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 06:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi ive just started ijn musashi and have brought upgrade main and secondary guns my problem is if you know this ship the main guns have some bits on the outer guns that stick on the barrel just in front of the blast bags...when i have put upgrades on the other battle ships ive just taken of plastic gun and fitted new guns in line with blast bags but with this one there are some little bits that fit on barrel just in front of blast bags. so i think my choices are 1 cut of plastic as near to blast bags keeping the little bits as near as possible this will make the guns longer than they should be 2 do same and cut some length off barrel which i think would be rubbish .if you have made this ship i hope you know from my stupid description what i mean by the bits on main guns as i dont have a clue what there called if you can help it would be a great help best wishes john

The molding for the barrels are basically, garbage. the things you are talking about are standing platforms. the molding, you would never know that is what they are. you can check out my build that i am currently doing. the first picture i listed, you can kind of see the platforms i have put on.
http://modelshipwrights.kitmaker.net/forums/206438&page=1

If you look online, you will see a picture that looks toward the bow. you can see gun 2 and the platforms that "should" be molded there.

Here is the pic i mentioned-

http://www.battleshipyamato.com/index.album/battleship-musashi-view-from-the-main-tower-forward?i=30&s=1
surfsup
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,230 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,212 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 09:41 PM UTC
I think that you will find that they are Angle Indicators fitted when she was first commissioned. They were a sort of Training Guide or aid used by the crew when practising with the 18 inchers. If you leave them off you will still have an accurate representation of the Musashi. It is an optional extra if you wish to use them on your model.....Cheers mark
 _GOTOTOP