_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
A Big Hood
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 - 09:40 PM UTC
I have no idea when it is due, how much it will cost, or if it is just pie-in-the-sky or a vapour-kit but Gaston will soon have something else to pick too bits before it is even released... But for the rest of us Trumpeter is going to be releasing a highly inaccurate 1/200 H.M.S. Hood one day in the future.

I wonder if it will be released before the 1/350 H.M.S. Ark Royal?

Cheers
Warren
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 04:37 AM UTC
Grab your calipers, ready, get set, go..................
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
KitMaker: 253 posts
Model Shipwrights: 141 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 05:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have no idea when it is due, how much it will cost, or if it is just pie-in-the-sky or a vapour-kit but Gaston will soon have something else to pick too bits before it is even released... But for the rest of us Trumpeter is going to be releasing a highly inaccurate 1/200 H.M.S. Hood one day in the future.

Cheers
Warren

Hi

I found this picture about week ago and was asking "hoax or true" but it seems that it is true.

It's very interesting why we have "holes" in ship numbers 3701 Arizona, 3702 Bismarck, 3703 ???, 3704??, 3705 Missouri, 3706 Iowa, 3707-3709 ???, 3710 Hood. Even with the rumored Enterprise we still have four "blanks"

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 07:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers
Warren

Hi

I found this picture about week ago and was asking "hoax or true" but it seems that it is true.

It's very interesting why we have "holes" in ship numbers 3701 Arizona, 3702 Bismarck, 3703 ???, 3704??, 3705 Missouri, 3706 Iowa, 3707-3709 ???, 3710 Hood. Even with the rumored Enterprise we still have four "blanks"

Cheers

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM

I think you, me and the majority of other modellers out their wait for new 1/200 Trumpeter ships with great anticipation. I can't praise Trumpeter enough for having the guts to release these incredible models..

Cheers mate
Warren
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 09:38 AM UTC
Hi Mates

" I can't praise Trumpeter enough for having the guts to release these incredible models.. "

Most important factor for me is that ships are affordable, of course it's stil rather expensive toy but I am affraid that same ships "made in Japan" will be 3 or 4 time mor expensive. And BTW as far as I know latest TAMIYA Yamato - version premium have a lot of minor errors

Cheers from "down under"

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 09:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mates

" I can't praise Trumpeter enough for having the guts to release these incredible models.. "

Most important factor for me is that ships are affordable, of course it's stil rather expensive toy but I am affraid that same ships "made in Japan" will be 3 or 4 time mor expensive. And BTW as far as I know latest TAMIYA Yamato - version premium have a lot of minor errors

Cheers from "down under"

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM

100% correct Wojtek, but you never hear anyone on sites like Hyperscale etc EVER criticise Tamiya.. Their 1/32 Mustang has lots of errors as well but people still gush over it. In my opinion if something looks like what it is supposed to be and there are no major errors (like Heller's EC-121 engines and antennas) then it is good enough for me.

Cheers and have a Merry Christmas
Warren
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 - 11:40 AM UTC
if something looks like what it is supposed to be and there are no major errors (like Heller's EC-121 engines and antennas) then it is good enough for me.

If it Looks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck and Squawks like a Duck, then it's a Duck, or it could just be a poorly modeled Platypus! Al
GastonMarty
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 595 posts
Model Shipwrights: 14 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 10:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mates

Cheers from "down under"

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM

The Tamiya errors throughout the entire stern are not what I would call "minor". The bow maybe, but even then...: If the 1/450 Hasegawa has the same errors, at least it is a smaller scale and costs one SEVENTH of the price...

What makes it worse is that Tamiya were offered help by one of the leading Yamato authorities, and turned him down...

Fortunately there is a lot of other things to buy in 1/350: This is sadly not yet the case in 1/200...

Gaston
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 10:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Mates

Cheers from "down under"

Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM

The Tamiya errors throughout the entire stern are not what I would call "minor". The bow maybe, but even then...: If the 1/450 Hasegawa has the same errors, at least it is a smaller scale and costs one SEVENTH of the price...

What makes it worse is that Tamiya were offered help by one of the leading Yamato authorities, and turned him down...

Fortunately there is a lot of other things to buy in 1/350: This is sadly not yet the case in 1/200...

Gaston

It's good to see that Tamiya is not above criticism everywhere. The only problem is that if you do not buy kits because they have errors you would never buy anything!

Keep up the detective work Gaston, but don't forget to balance the negatives with positives.

Cheers
Warren
Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Model Shipwrights: 97 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 10:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Cheers
Warren

Wait, what ??? 1/350 ARK ROYAL ??? Is that a fact ???
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 01:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers
Warren

Wait, what ??? 1/350 ARK ROYAL ??? Is that a fact ???

At the moment it is a vapour-kit, but the rumour was put around from Boystown Military Minitures last year.
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Sunday, December 29, 2013 - 10:32 PM UTC
Trumpeter posted such info at his fanpage on facebook:

"Trumpeter model wish every of our fans have a great holiday and all best in next year! In 31 of Dec, We will launch the second surprise and the last one(s) of this year and they are big....VERY BIG...DON'T MISS THAT!"

Maybe this is answer for our questions ?

Cheers
Wojtek

MAKIETARIUM
Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Model Shipwrights: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 10:18 AM UTC
This would be great news. Maybe we could also get the HMS Renown one day or maybe the Leander or County class. But then on the other hand, who has the time to built them all right ?
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 10:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This would be great news. Maybe we could also get the HMS Renown one day or maybe the Leander or County class. But then on the other hand, who has the time to built them all right ?

That's what stashes are for!
Rugbyhead
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 39 posts
Model Shipwrights: 36 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 11:44 PM UTC
Ahhh Stashes, I've allowed my wife to convince me to move and the "Man Cave" is now open to investigation! Ever tried to hide a 1/35 Accurate Armour LCT4? Not any easy task my friends by any means
I think my only hope now is to take early retirement and build like theres no tomorrow or god forbid have a clean out
Andrew H.
Ascaria
Visit this Community
Wroclaw, Poland
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 11:51 PM UTC
Sorry Guys it was false alarm

"Time is up! Trumpeter model 2013 final announcement ready to launch:Russian 2S7 Pion 203mm SPG and.....yep...OTR-23 OKA Tactical Ballistic Missile system! Trumpeter model wish all of you happy new year and see you in 2014! Thank you very much!"

So we have to wait

Happy New Year 2014 for all
Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM
warreni
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 08:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry Guys it was false alarm

"Time is up! Trumpeter model 2013 final announcement ready to launch:Russian 2S7 Pion 203mm SPG and.....yep...OTR-23 OKA Tactical Ballistic Missile system! Trumpeter model wish all of you happy new year and see you in 2014! Thank you very much!"

So we have to wait

Happy New Year 2014 for all
Wojtek
MAKIETARIUM

Yeah, what a fizzer! Just another target...

Happy New Year Everyone
Warren
 _GOTOTOP