_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
PT-109 Crew from Italeri
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:23 AM UTC
Italeri has announced a set of crew and accessories for their PT-109 kit at the Nuremburg Toy Fair this year. They're only showing some artwork which portrays two officers in relaxed poses, and a bare-chested seaman holding a bucket. No clue what the 'accessories' might be.

A welcome set of figures to man those Elco boats waiting to be built. Hopefully they will also re-release their earlier set of PT boat crew as well. No further news on their previously promised British X-craft. Al
Kornbeef
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Model Shipwrights: 39 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:01 PM UTC
Best not hold our breath then? Maybe someone else might realise the need and surprise us (one of the figure makers who seem to now produce a wide and varied range of odd 1/35th sets.

Fingers crossed either way as I have 2 PT's under construction.

Keith
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 93 posts
Model Shipwrights: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 03:49 PM UTC
That's exciting news! Glad to see the artwork shows skinny sailors and at least one crewman dressed for the South Pacific.
Dave
joeellias
KitMaker: 40 posts
Model Shipwrights: 39 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 04:33 AM UTC
Nice addition! USN figures are long overdue.

Joe
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 - 02:55 PM UTC
I'm curious about the "accessories" as well.
Dave
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Model Shipwrights: 204 posts
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 - 05:10 AM UTC
According to an e-mail from Italeri, they will not be re-releasing the previous P.T. crew as of this time. The e-mail they sent me leaves open the question that they might in the future release the 1st set again. But I'm still waiting for the Vosper crew which was to be released when? No word on the x-craft either. Seems they have so much going on that design/molding might be backed up. Any way I look at it, I figure that when they release a kit that the figures should be released shortly after, not years. It is hard to finish a kit when you know the figures are coming out, so you can leave space for them like in the gun tubs ect. So a new set for the South Pacific will be welcomed by all of us who have P.T.'s unfinished or started. I know darn well that I'll p/u at least 2 sets (maybe 3) so I don't run short, same with the Vosper crew when it comes out. 2 P.T.'s to be built along with 3 L.C. and a shortage of plastic figures. The art work shows hot weather dress so possable use for the Med. also. I wont hold my breath as I know it will be a long time before we see them available to us.
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 - 05:22 AM UTC
The original Italeri PT boat set was rather naf to say the least Bob. The figures looked as they had been to close to a serious fire. The new set looks like they escaped from a bar I wouldn't want to enter
May be necessary to look further afield, Italeri doesn't seem to be able to deliver the goods here. Also still no Vosper crew with the Vosper fading into the background..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 03:45 AM UTC
Hey Julian, no, not the best but on my budget it's the way to go. A good paint job and hornet heads will improve them a lot. If you look at Al's 1st P.T. boat you'll see what I mean. Yeah, there are some nice resin figures out there but considering the cost of maning one of these boats, it would cost me as much to crew as the kit did. Can't afford top shelve so I do with what plastic can offer. Maybe some one like MasterBox or MiniArt will step in and fill the void. Lots of boats and planes to crew up not to mention support personel. Big field out there with not much to cover it.
Weebles
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, February 02, 2014 - 02:45 AM UTC
I've reached out to Master Box. If you would like to see them make these figures (and I would) reach out to them and let them know that you're interested and would buy them if they produced it.
Dave
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 03:54 PM UTC
Hey Dave, good idea. Will send off an e-mail to them. They are a great company to deal with and they listen to thier customers and took good care when I had a problem with the U.S. calvary cival war sets I bought, which where shiped out on Christmass day also. They could very well fill the gap. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. bob d.
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 04:05 PM UTC
Have the engine blocks built up and cut the engine room floor out to install the "engines". I noticed that when they are in place and a figure added inside that most of the detail will be lost, which is O.K. as I dont have to super gizmo them to accurate Packerds. The slots I cut out have to be inlarged a bit so they will sit a bit closer to give it that tight fit look. Also have to make sure they have the tilt towards the stern and will add a engine guage pannel for each though I'm not too sure how much will be seen. By this weekend it will be getting the first bit of paint inside, then the hull. Getting to the point that I wish I hadn't cut open the hatch but, it will be interesting to see if I pull it off. Full steam ahead! Anyone else making progress in the campaign? We had alot of people sign up but I don't see too much going on here. Oh, P.T.'s are stealth attack craft so I imagine every one is waiting to launch them on the last day.
 _GOTOTOP