_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
help the dark side has me
kpnuts
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,179 posts
Model Shipwrights: 427 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 03:22 AM UTC
Hi Guys was cleaning out my model room the other day and realized I have been totally seduced by the dark side (plastic models) I haven't touched one of my scratch builds since Christmas. here are some pics of the models languishing in limbo hell.

Now I have a problem I really want to get some more done on them but I dont want to force myself as then they will get rushed just to get them out of the way and I don't want that, but at the same time I feel guilty that I have not touch one of them in nearly 5 months (enough time for spiders to start nesting in them errgh nasty things all creepy and crawly yuk) so what do I do I don't feel anything like ready to give the plastic a break but I do want to do feel guilty about my scratchies (ooh I sound like an addict contemplating doing cold turkey) come on I can't be alone there must be others like me how do you deal with it? HELP.
CaptSonghouse
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,274 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 05:50 AM UTC
Ahoy Ken!

I can totally relate. Stashed about the house at several "stations" are various scratch-built or major conversion hulks, in chronological order: 1:96 Serapis & Bon Homme Richard, 1:96 USF Constellation, 1:96 Congress, Richmond, and Virginia, 1:225 Oregon & Iowa, 1:350 Aboukir & Hogue, Gneisenau, early Warspite, Queen Mary, Von Der Tann, Moltke, Derfflinger, Von Steuben, Furious, 1:300 Graf Spee and Achilles, 1:350 Doric Star, Glorious, Scheer, Taiho, 1:200 Nevada, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee, California, Idaho, New Mexico, Mississippi, and St. Louis. And that's just the naval forces! The good news is, with overlapping anniversaries of both World Wars close upon us, I can channel my energies into moving them into completion on a coherent schedule (the fighting sail projects will have to wait since they take up so much space in all directional axes). It will be a busy six years!

--Karl
kpnuts
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 08:39 AM UTC
And I thought I had it bad with 4 started and unfinished.
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,830 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 09:31 AM UTC
Man, I hear you! I don't even know how many unfinished I have in my started but "temporarily suspended" stash... some of them go back years. Really, though, it is less about what you finish than how much fun you have along the way, right?

Now go build something!

kpnuts
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 08:50 PM UTC
Thanks guys feeling a lot less guilty now
 _GOTOTOP