_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
News
Italeri: LCVP with US Infranty
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 - 10:50 AM UTC

No more scrounging around for figures to populate your landing craft. The latest from Italeri is a 1/35 LCVP (described as from new molds) fully loaded with US infranty troops!

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Model Shipwrights: 306 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 01:22 AM UTC
A Higgins boat complete with cargo! Hurrah!!
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Model Shipwrights: 204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 02:06 AM UTC
Correct me if I am wrong, because I don't feel like digging through the closet right now,it still looks like the same L.C.V.P. from long ago, BUT, with a bit of help it turns out real nice. Having the infantry to fill it is nice also but, the figures are too stiff to be riding in anything but the calmest of seas. Anyone who has watched the camera shots of the D-Day landings knows how rough the sea was that day and following. Now if you do a dio of them on the deck of the transport, waiting to climb down into the boat, great. A bit of work to change up the posses will dress up the figures (which look like a giant leap forward for Italeri) to keep them from looking the same. They look like they may be multi-posse after looking again. The pic's of the fgures look nice and well equiped, but I can't be sure if they have on the waist life belts or not, my eyes don't work as well anymore. All in all, a kit I will more than likely P/U for a future dio., depending on the price. For a repop(?) of years gone by and trying to get more bang for the buck, I'd say Italeri did a good job here. I will hopefully assume that the person who sculpts Italeri's figures will now be free to do the Vosper and 109 figures?
Aurora-7
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,020 posts
Model Shipwrights: 630 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 03:05 AM UTC
According to Italeri, it's 100% new molding for everything in this kit but if some one has access to the LCVP kit, please let us know how this version compares.
FirstMass
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Model Shipwrights: 50 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 02:23 PM UTC
A minor observation, but a full load for an LCVP was 30 infantrymen and 3 naval or USCG crewmen. It's too bad Italeri is only including 25 infantrymen. I wonder if -- logistically -- they just couldn't fit 30 miniature guys in the same way you fit in 30 real guys. Real guys swish together better I guess!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Model Shipwrights: 88 posts
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2014 - 02:50 PM UTC
You would have thought this would have been released in early June, I like the idea of the figures, but as has been said 5 x 5 of the same pose will get picked up by the viewer quite quickly. Where is the guy filling his helmet with his breakfast
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,184 posts
Model Shipwrights: 204 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 - 06:23 AM UTC
The missing troops are sitting down with broken ankles or they just aint going down that cargo net?
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Model Shipwrights: 85 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 09:49 AM UTC
Now we just need an LCVP with a load of decent Marines...
TAFFY3
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 2,531 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,244 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 10:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

According to Italeri, it's 100% new molding for everything in this kit but if some one has access to the LCVP kit, please let us know how this version compares.

It's the same LCVP that was previously released by Italeri. I have that one and this one looks exactly the same. The only difference is the addition of the infantrymen. Having partially assembled the original kit, I can tell you that the fit is very good. It is well detailed and a big improvement over the old Lindberg offering. Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,919 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 10:44 AM UTC
Their original LCVP was very good, had a lot of fun building it and have another to do at some point. I like the troops, a bit of mix and match and you should be able to come up with 25 different figures. A few guys holding on and throwing up would suit the scene.

Cheers

Al
johncpo
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 81 posts
Model Shipwrights: 9 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2015 - 02:08 AM UTC
Are the figures by Italeri or did they ask for DML or possibly Tamiya for the figures as in some cases. I have seen all Italeri figures in past sets and cannot imagine any great results, hopefully I'm wrong.
 _GOTOTOP