_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type
For discussions on ships by class and type.
Chih Yuen decks
bushman
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
Model Shipwrights: 19 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 03:10 AM UTC
I am looking for wood decks for Bronco's Chih Yuen. I've seen ArtWox decks for other Bronco Chinese vessels, and some look like they might fit on the Chih Yuen, but are for other ships. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron W.
RedDuster
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:12 AM UTC
Hi Ron,

Atworx do a specific deck fro the Chin Yuen, I acquired one from White ensign models. Havent built it yet, but have used several Artworx decks, and they have been very good.

Si
bushman
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 08:38 AM UTC
Thanks for the reply Si. The closest I see on WEM site is for the Chin Yuen (AW10020). Is this the one you are talking about?
Ron W.
ebergerud
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 297 posts
Model Shipwrights: 23 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 06:31 PM UTC
Gents think Chih Yuen needs a wooden deck? It strikes me that the engraving on that kit is so clean that it would be perfect for a multi-shade paint job. This isn't academic. I've got a WWI cycle starting soon and the Flyhawk Derfflinger will be the victim. A waterline KM Battlecruiser is going to get some heavy weather. But soon I really want to do a full hull "commission day" model that would have no weathering beyond what is needed to give some shadow and depth to the finish. Chih Yuen is a lovely ship and I was thinking to use that one to come clean.
Eric
bushman
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 10:52 AM UTC
Eric,
Your right about the engraving on the Chih Yuen, it is really good. My problem is I had painted the deck, didn't like it, so I removed the paint off of the soft plastic. Messed up the engraving, so I am salvaging it by getting a wood deck.
ebergerud
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 297 posts
Model Shipwrights: 23 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 - 03:54 PM UTC
That is an excellent reason to use a wooden deck. If something bad happens when I build a tank, it's time to give the kit a serious weathering job.

I see Artwox has a wooden deck for the 1918 Queen Elizabeth in 1/700. It's cheap and I might at least try it.

The Chinese cruiser is a lovely ship - would make a great full hull display model. Looking forward to seeing it.
 _GOTOTOP