_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Looking for help on 1/350 item & drawings
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Monday, September 15, 2014 - 03:11 PM UTC
Ok so this is a two parter;

1) Does any one know of a source of 1/350 British armoured twin power operated 20mm Oerlikon, I've spoken to WEM and all they have are the (there own admission) old dated white metal items which they don't sell separately.

2) Looking for any pictures and/or drawings of HMS Howe (KGV class) when in service with the BPF in 1945, I have the 'Shipcraft' and the Tarrant books but Howe seems to be camera shy. I know the directors are the Mk.V and the range finder was 22ft but I need the layout of her light AA out fit.

Any help appreciated.
JJ1973
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,835 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,832 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 05:55 AM UTC
Luciano,

I can't help for part two, but did you check Todd's build log of the HMS Roberts (in General Ship Modeling)? - He's come up with the best solution for the twin 20 mm Oerlikon I've seen!! Not absolutely sure if it is exactly the type you are looking for but I think it should, or at least should be close enough.

Cheers,
Jan
Littorio
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 06:16 AM UTC
Thanks Jan, I hadn't seen that. I can use the WEM white metal one and detail them with a AM 20mm set. The issue I have is the ship I'm doing I'm converting from an old fit OOB into a late fit and the box does not have these weapons. HMS Abdiel 1942 into HMS Ariadne 1944 (Leyte Gulf)
RedDuster
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 7,078 posts
Model Shipwrights: 6,649 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 07:09 AM UTC
Hi Luciano,

The only drawing I have come across of Howe at that time, and it is just a side elevation is in Raven & Roberts "British Battleships of World War 2"

Si
 _GOTOTOP