_GOTOBOTTOM
General Ship Modeling
Discuss modeling techniques, experiences, and ship modeling in general.
Revell 1/144 LSM sneak preview
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 01:42 AM UTC
Revell's 1/144th scale LSM arrived from Axel's Modellbau Shop in Germany yesterday. I was able to take a quick peek at the content of the box today. It's an interesting subject being marketed at a reasonable price,(35 Euros). The parts are an unusual mixture of crisp and delicate mouldings mixed with a few sprues with rather soft looking detailing. I am sure that it's possible to make a very nice looking static model, four different subjects with different color schemes are possible, but it will take a little bit of extra attention: the jack-stays are of the same design as on the 1/144 scale Fletcher, plastic supports and your grandmothers sewing thread. This will benefit enormously from PE parts as will the watertight doors and hatchways. A quick replacement of the plastic chains with fine metal links will also do the finished model a world of good. On the other hand the build would appear easy enough for children to build a play model from it.

The model includes 3 tanks, three scout cars and three heavy trucks as cargo. It does look rather unusual and inviting so I might be tempted to build it straight off instead of putting in my stash.

Longshanks8
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 430 posts
Model Shipwrights: 390 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 03:58 AM UTC
Hi Julian,
Now that's something different !!

I vote for this next

Kev
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
Model Shipwrights: 3,301 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 04:11 AM UTC
Hi Kev,
My thoughts exactly. I have only seen this sort of thing in resin before and a lot more expensive too.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Model Shipwrights: 151 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 05:15 AM UTC
I like very much was you have posted. I think this would appeal to a fairly broad range of modelers as well, and much more manageable than in 1/35 scale.
 _GOTOTOP