_GOTOBOTTOM
Ships by Class/Type: Cruisers
Topics covering cruisers both past and present.
HMS Belfast Help
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Model Shipwrights: 84 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 03:24 AM UTC
Hey folks, I just bought the Trumpeter HMS Belfast 1/350 on Amazon for $71 free shipping. After checking other sites this seems like a really good deal. Now does anyone make an after market PE set or barrels since WEM went out of business? I have always liked the Belfast ever since I visited her on leave while stationed in Germany.

Tom
Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hi Tom, Flyhawk make a set but as yet I've not seen it for sale also Master make a set of brass gun barrels which have only just been released.

If you hang fire WEM pe and resin has been brought by Toms Modelworks so if your not in a rush and give Toms time to sort themselves out you should be able to pick up the WEM set again. Just so your aware the compass platform in the kit is as the ship was in Korea not in WWII the WEM resin upgrade corrected this not sure if the Flyhawk set does as I have only seen the small out of focus picture on their website.
warreni
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 5,926 posts
Model Shipwrights: 2,624 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 03:24 PM UTC
I have a spare set of WEM PE for the Belfast....
TankSGT
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 04:38 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies, the ship will be on the stocks for awhile I have 3 campaigns going now. Is WEM the best option or will one of the new products be better? Warren if you want to sell PM me with a price though shipping from down under might be expensive.

Tom
modelmanuk12
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 27 posts
Model Shipwrights: 27 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 09:59 PM UTC
I have Flyhawk's set comes with new resin funnels and bridge platform also has the barrels and brass deck it has about 16 frets check out their site it looks really good
TankSGT
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 11:48 PM UTC
Peter, I priced the Flyhawk set on Hobbylink it was $132 US I just can't justify spending double the price of the kit for add ons, no matter how nice. I may settle for railings and guns and drive on.

Tom

_GOTOTOP