U-boat in Dry Docks-Help
AlexB1969
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Model Shipwrights: 59 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi everyone.

I want to build s simple diorama of a U-boat up on blocks in a dry dock. I simply want to depict the blocks and perhaps a concrete base. I don't have the dexterity in my hands to build too much beyond that. Any ideas. Are there pre-fabricated wooden blocks that are close to 1/72 scale. How would I depict the floor of the dock? Thanks. Alex
Burkes
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1 posts
Model Shipwrights: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 05:03 PM UTC
Hello Alex,
CMK market a range of components under their Maritime line to make up a 1/72 scale dry dock suitable for Revells Type VII or IX U-Boats. They range from dock wall components, to stairs to buildings and cranes. Checkout this link http://www.cmkkits.com/en/ships/index.php?fSort=3&fSeries=0&fScale=15&fNationality=0&fEra=0&fMaker=0
Unfortunately they are not cheap and it requires a bit of work to determine how many of each component you need to make a complete dry dock. Also it is hard to find stockists. Besides the CMK's website try Hannants.co.uk. I also had some success with Sprue Bros in the US.
Unfortuantely there is no master plan on how to put it all together. Just the individual instructions sheet with each part. I have also yet to see a completed dry dock. I would be very interested if anyone who can help here.

Good Luck. Burkes
AlexB1969
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 205 posts
Model Shipwrights: 59 posts
Posted: Friday, January 09, 2015 - 08:47 PM UTC
I noticed a lot of these items are on Ebay. They are not that expensive. Alex
 _GOTOTOP